Friday, April 8, 2011

Aika Online: Awesome MMORPG

Hey noobs, I want to introduce you to a game that I find to be visually stunning as well as engaging. Perhaps some of you are familiar with Aika, but for those of you who have never heard of it, I'll give a brief description:

Aika online a free-to-play MMORPG published by Gala-net and Hanbitsoft. The game houses two different player experiences: PvP as well as PvE and supports large scale nation wars where thousands of players can battle it out at one time. Character creation is somewhat customizable, with six gender locked classes (each with up to six options for face, hair, hair color, etc). I know that a lot of people dislike the idea of gender locked characters, but I found it easy to get past that in this game. The six available classes are: Warrior, Paladin, Rifleman, Dual Gunner, Warlock, and Cleric. I have had experience with all six classes, and each one is unique in its skills and weaknesses. All classes are worth playing, so whatever you choose is a safe choice. Once your character reaches level 50, your class changes to a more prestigious title.
As for the plotline, Aika has a very nice storyline (which is quite detailed and long. If your curiosities have been tickled, then I advise and encourage you to look it up on the Aika wiki or the official site housed by gPotato. It's worth reading if you're intrigued).
This game levels up just as any MMORPG, with over a thousand quests to embark on. Although, once a character reaches higher levels, it becomes increasingly difficult to level up. Quests become scarce, and experience is based largely upon grinding and PvP gameplay. I myself have never reached a high enough level to experience this, but I have heard complaints that it becomes tedious to play after a certain level.
It's up for you to decide. My personal opinion: Aika is a great MMORPG with amazing graphics and fun quests, as well as easy and accessible communication with other live players. I would recommend this MMORPG to anyone who enjoys an RPG with a fantasy background. The PvP can be somewhat intimidating if you're not experienced with it, but even noobs like myself can enjoy the PvE while dabbling in the PvP options as well. It's definitely worth a try and it's free to play, so what's there to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment